Resilience Youth program, mental health, psychosocial support
Are you struggling to keep a healthy daily routine during the COVID-19 crisis? Dr. Nicole El Marj, Clinical Psychologist at AUBMC, shared with our Youth Program ten tips for promoting resilience and surviving the new normal:
- It’s important to establish a daily routine and stick to it. Fix your sleep schedule and eat regular meals.
- Although it can be tempting to stay in your PJs all day when you’re working from home, how does that affect your mood and energy levels? It’sbest to maintain a morning routine and get dressed, as you would on a typical day.
- Schedule breaks throughout the day. It’s not all work or study!
- Work out. Physical exercise is important for mental health.
- Start a gratitude list: Write down a list of people and things you feel thankful for.
- Focus on the present. The future remains uncertain, and we cannot control that uncertainty.
- Social distancing does not mean self-isolation. Keep in touch with your friends and family, even if you can’t see them physically. Share your feelings and check in on loved ones.
- Self-compassion is just as important as the compassion you give to others. Be kinder to yourself.
- Don’t indulge in alcohol, drugs or oversleeping.
- It’s ok to ask for help. Seeking help is a courageous step!
#letstalk #mentalheath #mentalhealthmatters #resilience#togetherforinclusion #widenthecircle #lebanon
Post a Comment